PAX Vision – Basic Recipe
- Before an upcoming activity, have the students predict how it should go by asking what PAX they need to see, hear, feel and do more of to make sure it goes well.
- Also, ask what Spleems they need to see, hear, feel, and do less of to make sure the activity goes well.
- Be sure the more (PAX) outnumbers the less (Spleems). For example, recommend more quiet voices instead of less shouting when they work in pairs.
- Give guidance if there are important things they may have missed, but make sure to complete the PAX Vision together.
- Monitor their progress during the activity by complimenting their positive behaviors and reminding them of their PAX Vision for unwanted behaviors. Reflect on how it went after the activity.