Beat the Timer – Basic Recipe
- Select an activity that could benefit from increased focus and efficiency.
- Announce how long it normally takes to complete the activity and set an optimistic goal time to beat. Challenge the children playfully to complete the task in the shorter time.
- Inquire quickly as to possible PAX and Spleems for the activity.
- Set the timer and begin. Provide guidance along the way while maintaining a 2:1 ratio of positive to negative feedback.
- If they beat the timer, compliment and celebrate! But challenge them to do even better next time.
- If they do not beat the timer, compliment their effort and reflect on how they might next time.